Like most of us, you probably have your phone on you or close by 24/7.
Wouldn’t it be nice to make an extra $300+ bucks per month with your phone while you’re on the go or just chillin in front of a movie?
Even as a SAHM, instead of the mindless scrolling on social media or watching the high drama news, it’s kind of fun to be making a little extra cash instead.
Whether you’re a millennial like Madi trying to earn extra money and supplement her paycheck or a mom like me just trying to reduce the cost of purchases we’re already making, we’re always looking for ways to make a little extra cash. When we’re on the go and using our cell phone, makes it even easier and more fun.
What we LOVE about these options, is that some of them already pay you to do stuff you’re already doing! The key here, is changing some of your daily habits and start getting paid for it.
If you need money FAST, surveys are literally the easiest and fastest way to make money online.
Surveys are a fun and easy thing to do while watching Netflix, hanging out on campus or waiting for your kid’s sports practice to get done.
The key with surveys, is in order for you to make $200-$300+ per month from them, you have to sign up for numerous survey companies. Most companies will email you when they have a survey they think you’ll be interested in!
- My Survey
- Harris Poll– By signing up with Harris Poll, you help shape policy for government agencies, large corporations and non-profits.
- VIP Voice
- Pinecone Research– This is hands down our favorite survey company! They pay $3 for survey, each takes 15-20 mins and you can cash out after making $3 via PayPal (they’re currently seeking people in their early 20’s, males of any age or and people of Hispanic descent)
MYSTERY SHOP APPS
The Easy Shift App lets you complete a task for a big well-known retailer needing a quick (5-20 min) “mystery shopper” task done. Most of the tasks are taking photos of how the store has certain items displayed, you fill out a short questionnaire and once completed, the money gets deposited into your PayPal or Venmo account on average within 48 hours.
- Some of the retailers I’ve seen listed include Kroger brand stores, Wal-Mart, Costco, Albertson’s and Walgreen.
- The task rates paid between $5-$14/task depending on what was involved. Wal-Mart needed photos of their beer aisle displays and Walgreen needed photos of their store brand health products.
- If you live in a large city, there are many shifts available! If you live in a small community, they won’t come up often (or at all depending on where you live.
APPS THAT PAY YOU TO HAVE FUN
Our two favorite apps that give you options to earn extra cash in more than one way are Inbox Dollars and Swagbucks. Not only can you take surveys to earn money, you can also earn money by playing games and watching videos.
- Inbox Dollars– They pay you to read emails, take surveys online, play games, and go shopping! They require an App Store download($5 FREE bonus avail.)
- Swagbucks– You can get paid to do surveys, but you can also make money to watch videos, play games, and shop. ($10 FREE bonus available)
GET PAID TO TRACK YOUR HABITS
The most popular habit tracker is Nielsen Mobile (and Computer) Panel, they pay around $50/year per device to analyze consumer electronic habits. Nielsen is one of the most well known and trusted global research companies, which is why we feel good about recommending them to our readers.
How it works, is you install the app on your smartphone, desktop or tablet, and you just use the internet as you do already! The app runs in the background, and will not slow your devices down.
Nielsen also enters new users into yearly sweepstakes, where someone even wins $10,000.
from Nielsen mobile:
Privacy of Information
Members who have downloaded the Nielsen Mobile application are guaranteed the highest level of privacy. The app is 100% safe and secure and your information will never be shared of revealed. Information collected is reported in aggregate data about groups, so singular members are never identified.
A+ BBB Rating
Nielsen has been an accredited Better Business Bureau company since 1946. They hold an A+ BBB rating which means they perform their business practices at the highest level of strictness and security.
Earnings: Up to $50 for EACH device you have!
Click Here if You’re Interested in Getting Started with Nielsen Mobile Panel
AMAZON SHOPPING HABIT APP
Similar to Nielsen Mobile, ShopTracker wants to track your Amazon purchases for consumer data collecting. They’re basically paying you to do your regular shopping if you already have an Amazon account.
They pay $3/mo or $36/year. Every little bit adds up when you’re making money from numerous apps.
Here’s How it Works:
- Sign up for ShopTracker
- Install the app to your smartphone
- Link ShopTracker to your Amazon account
EARN FREE GIFT CARDS
There’s one retail shopping app we’re addicted to right now, since they’re paying us to do the shopping we would’ve already done anyways! I’m sure there’s others out there, but we’ve been SO impressed with one in particular, it’s the only one we’re recommending.
You can either earn cash with your online shopping OR you can earn free gift cards instead!
Ebates ~ Ebates is a simple online shopping cashback app that pays you a % back from your online purchases. So you’re basically getting paid to do the shopping you were already planning to do.
This is something we use too and are now in the habit of ALWAYS shop through eBates first, whether it be for a retail store or for booking a vacation.
- We’re getting a little over $200 back from a hotel we just booked for a summer vacay.
- We even made $60 in the very first month by being diligent about going through eBates for all online purchases.
Ebates even gives you $10 just to try their app.
GROCERY SHOPPING APP
Ibotta ~ Ibotta is a coupon grocery store app that basically pays you to go buy food! It’s an awesome way to save money at the grocery store without cutting coupons. I don’t know about you, but we’re all for saving money. but. not. cutting. coupons.
Ibotta even gives you a $10 welcome bonus just for giving their cool app a try. Who knew using a coupon app would actually be fun?
- We made over $30 with Ibotta in our first month of using the app.
- There was one time they denied an $8 credit, I emailed their customer service and within 24 hours it was resolved and they did give me the $8.
SELL YOUR CELL PHONE PICS
Did you know you can actually SELL the awesome cell phone photos that you take to stock photo sites?? Yep! So while you’re out exploring the world or even taking some amazing selfies, why not see if they can make you extra money too?
Here’s a list of sites that either purchase or where you can sell cell phone photos:
Smartphone apps are an easy way to earn an extra $300+/per month from your phone and when you’re on the go. Making money with phone apps won’t make you rich, but as a SAHM it’s been an easy way to make a little extra cash online and save money on purchases I was already planning to make.
We’d love to hear about your favorite cell phone apps to make money! Please post about your experience in the comments or extra ways you’ve been able to make a little extra money with either phone apps or online.