It’s that time of year again to get your home organized and to finally make the changes your home that have been on your mind all year! Here’s a list of over 50 items you don’t need in your life that you can either tackle one task per week and make this a 52 week challenge, or if you’re ready to get these items out of your home ASAP, you can also do one a day!
You of course can jump in and start this at any time of year, I’ll even forgive you for changing up the order to best suit your own life! 😉
We wanted to make this a realistic and manageable list, the more time-consuming projects are scheduled on the weekends. We probably all have more than 30 areas in our life that need organizing, but this hits the most common items that cause clutter in our homes.
If you have extra time, make sure to add on other little tasks like on the day you clean out purses and bags, you can also go through your wallet.
The KEY to success with an organizational challenge, is you MUST work to MAINTAIN that space going forward, so you don’t end up back in the same spot as before!
HERE’S YOUR 30 DAY ORGANIZATION PDF CALENDAR TO MAKE THIS CHALLENGE AS EASY AS POSSIBLE! 🙂
This is what you’ll receive in your download:
- A monthly calendar pre-filled with the items to get rid of 30 days in a row
- A calendar that doesn’t have the days of the week listed–perfect for someone who wants to skip around to projects you have time for or if you want to space this out longer than 30 days
- A blank clutter challenge calendar where YOU can write in what you want to toss or donate in your life
- You’ll be added to our twice per month newsletter about organization, home projects and saving money (you can unsubscribe at any time!)
Tips on How to Maintain an Organized Space
- Get in the habit of having a 20 minute family clean-up each night
- Store your items within a container or a basket. Once it’s full, it’s an easy reminder to clean it out. For example, I keep my magazines in a basket. so if the basket gets full I know it’s time to purge last months issues.
- Don’t touch paper more than once. So when you get the mail, go through it immediately! The junk mail instantly gets tossed in the recycle and the statements get filed after you look at them.
- Give every item in your home a home and work to keep items in their home.
Other Recommended Posts
- 12 Cleaning Tools for People Who Hate to Clean
- 12 Vinegar Cleaning Hacks You Wish You’d Known Sooner
- 12 Ways to Make Cleaning Your Home Top to Bottom Easier
Get Your Home Organized in 30 Days
- Old magazines
- Junk mail
- Expired pantry & fridge items
- Books you won’t ever read again
- Plastic storage containers
- Projects you won’t realistic finish
- Wrapping paper supplies
- Expired medicine & beauty products
- Clothes you don’t wear + clean your closet
- DVD’s & CD’s
- Sports equipment
- Purses and bags
- Candles and candle holders
- Recycle old electronics
- Organize your laundry area + toss old cleaners
- Clean out the junk drawer
- File your paper piles
- Chipped dishes
- Organize bathroom vanities
- Old towels and table linens
- Jewelry-repair or donate pieces no longer worn
- Kids artwork
- Kids toys and games
- Kids clothing
- Organize household manuals
- Craft/art/hobby supplies
- Kitchen items you don’t use
- Coats & organize the coat closet
- Organize family photos
- Toss or donate things you hate
The best part about this challenge? You won’t even miss these items and you’ll be left feeling happier, more organized and helping to create more free-time in your life! <3
Don’t forget your 30 day organized home check-lists to make this project as easy as possible! 🙂