Oh honey, get ready to live your best Barbie life with these Barbie strawberries that are beyond fabulous! We’re talking pink chocolate covered strawberries that are not just beautiful but crazy easy to make in 30 minutes or less!
Pink Dipped Strawberries: The Epitome of Fun & Glamour
So, you’re throwing a Barbie-themed party and looking to wow your guests with a treat that screams fun and elegance? Look no further! These pink dipped strawberries are not just strawberries; they’re a statement. Made with a sassy combination of white chocolate tinted in shades of hot pink and light pink, then adorned with Barbie spelled out in glaze, sprinkles, and pearls – you’re about to become the hostess with the mostest. Imagine the taste: creamy, fruity, with a dash of glamour, thanks to the pink edible glitter and pink drizzle. Your taste buds will thank you!
Now, what sets these pink chocolate strawberries apart from your regular chocolate-covered strawberries? It’s the hot pink vibrance, the festive sprinkles, and of course, the iconic Barbie signature that will take your guests down memory lane. They’re Instagram-worthy and the life of the party. Trust me, you’ll be setting the bar high with these babies.
If you’re a Barbie fanatic like me and hopping on the pink trends this summer, you already know to make these! These Barbie strawberries are a perfect, easy and impressive treat if you need a dish to bring to a party, to celebrate a friend, ENJOY WHILE WATCHING THE BARBIE MOVIE, or make just for fun.
Why You’ll Love These!
- Festive & Fun: These Barbie strawberries are perfect for adding that extra sparkle to your party. They’re not just visually stunning; they taste divine!
- Customizable: You can play around with shades of pink and different sprinkles to make them uniquely yours.
- Quick and easy: Seriously, 30 minutes or less! Perfect for last-minute preparations.
- Sweet and creamy: The combination of white chocolate and strawberries is simply irresistible.
Pink Covered Strawberries Ingredients
For these delectable treats, you’ll need:
- white chocolate: it’s the base for our pink coating. You can also use white candy melts for a smoother texture.
- strawberries: the star of our recipe, make sure they’re fresh and juicy.
- pink food coloring: for achieving that perfect Barbie pink. Mix with white chocolate for different shades.
- pink edible glitter: add some sparkle to your strawberries!
- white pearl sprinkles: for a touch of elegance.
- pink sprinkles: because more is more!
- writing icing/glaze: to spell out Barbie on some of the strawberries.
- Add Nuts: coat your strawberries in chopped nuts for some added crunch.
- Different Themes: not a Barbie fan? No worries! Customize these to fit any theme or color scheme.
- Extra Decadence: drizzle with some caramel or dark chocolate for a richer flavor.
- Microwave safe bowl
- Foil or Parchment paper
- Baking sheets
- Toothpicks or skewers
- Small piping bag for writing icing or store-bought icing
How to Make Pink Chocolate Strawberries
Here’s a quick rundown of how to create these glamorous treats.
Step 1: Wash and dry the strawberries thoroughly.
Step 2: Add white chocolate chips and a tablespoon of coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Add pink food coloring until you achieve the desired shades of pink.
Step 3: Dip the strawberries into the pink chocolate. Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 4: While the chocolate is still wet, add sprinkles, pink edible glitter, and white pearls to some of the strawberries.
Step 5: Use cake icing in a small piping bag to spell out “Barbie” on some strawberries.
Step 6: Let them set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Properly Dry Strawberries: Make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping to ensure the chocolate adheres properly.
- Work Quickly: Add the decorations while the chocolate is still wet to make sure they stick.
- Use Quality Chocolate: High-quality chocolate melts smoother and tastes better.
- Continue to microwave and/ or add coconut oil: The thinner the chocolate the better!
- Toothpicks: Place in the top of strawberries for a better grasp
- Wear Gloves: You will get chocolate on your fingers.
Storing and Reheating
Storing: Keep the Barbie strawberries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Freezing: It is not recommended to freeze them as the texture of the strawberries can change upon thawing.
What to do with Leftover Pink Covered Strawberries?
- Make a dessert platter: combine them with other sweets.
- Blend into a milkshake: for a rich, creamy treat.
- Chop and add to pancakes or waffles: for a lavish breakfast.
- Gift them to friends or neighbors: share the love!
What kind of chocolate is best for dipping strawberries?
High-quality white chocolate or white candy melts work best for dipping strawberries. They melt smoothly and provide a creamy, rich flavor that pairs beautifully with the fruit.
How do you keep chocolate from melting off strawberries?
To keep the chocolate from melting off the strawberries, make sure that the strawberries are completely dry before dipping them in the melted chocolate. After dipping, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow them to set in the refrigerator.
Can you make chocolate covered strawberries the day before?
Yes, you can make chocolate-covered strawberries the day before an event. After making them, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. However, they are best when consumed within 24 hours of making them.
- 1 bag of white chocolate chip
- 2 containers of strawberries
- pink food coloring (or neon coloring which can be found at the craft store)
- pink edible glitter
- white pearl sprinkles
- pink sprinkles
- barbie molds (optional- can get off of Amazon)
- 1 writing icing/glaze pouch
1. Wash and dry the strawberries thoroughly.
2. Add white chocolate chips and a tablespoon of coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Add pink food coloring until you achieve the desired shades of pink.
3. Dip the strawberries into the pink chocolate. (Optional to add a toothpick to each strawberry for a better grip). Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. While the chocolate is still wet, add sprinkles, pink edible glitter, and white pearls to some of the strawberries.
5. Use cake icing in a small piping bag to spell out “Barbie” on some strawberries.
6. Let them set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.